Vancouver Parks and Recreation
Vancouver Parks and Recreation
Most outdoor pools will reopen on May 22, 2021 with reduced maximum capacities, in alignment with new COVID-19 protocols.
The safety of patrons is still our number one priority. Swimming lessons for children, youth, and adults are not being offered at this time.
Advanced online registration starts on May 19, 2021 and will be required for all swim sessions.
- Vancouver outdoor pools are open rain or shine.
- No-show guidelines now in place. Due to limited session availability, customers unable to attend a reserved swim must contact TicketLeader to obtain a credit for a future swim. This must be done at 11:59pm the day prior to your scheduled swim.
- Leisure Access Pass holders will need to present their Ticket, Leisure Access Card and need to enter through the main gate of the Facility.
Plan your visit
What you need to know before you arrive:
- Buy your tickets online. Drop-in spaces are not available.
- Arrive in your clean swimwear. Change rooms are not available.
- Leave all valuables at home. Lockers are not available.
- Washrooms will be open. Masks are mandatory in the washrooms.
- Merchandise and towel rentals are not available.
- Kickboards are not available for rental, but patrons may bring their own.
- Snorkels are not permitted unless equipped with a purge valve.
Visit the pool
When you arrive, here's what to expect:
- Stay 2 m apart from people who aren't in your household or social bubble.
- Follow the signs to the new entrances.
- Scan your ticket when you enter and put on the wristband provided.
- Stay in your designated pod and follow the one-way signs when moving around the pool perimeter deck.
- Shower on deck before entering the pool.
- Keep 5 m apart from other people in the swimming lanes.
- Follow the entrance and exit signs for the washrooms.
- Exit the pool promptly at the end of your swim session. Re-entry is not permitted (except for using the washrooms at Second Beach).
- Follow staff directions and ask for assistance if needed.
Customers who don't follow the rules and safety guidelines of the pool may be asked to leave without a refund or prevented from registering for future sessions.
COVID-19 safety measures
To encourage physical distancing, we are:
- Reducing capacities in alignment with new protocols around decreased bathing loads
- Creating timed swim sessions (45 minutes for length swimming and 90 minutes for general swimming)
- Making swimming lanes for length swimming wider
- Selling tickets online for swim sessions
- Setting up one-way travel around the pool deck perimeter
- Providing a pod (a painted rectangle) for up to two people on the pool deck to rest and sunbathe (preschoolers ages 0 to 4 are exempt)
- Clearing and cleaning the pool after every 90 minute session
Reserve your date & time slot!
PNE Prize Home - South Surrey
Hosted by The City of Abbotsford
Fraser Valley Tradex & Exhibition Centre
Presented by AEG
& HIS JOHANN STRAUSS ORCHESTRA
With Guest Leah Senior
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds at the Pacific Coliseum has been cancelledDue to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds concert scheduled for October 17, 2020 at the Pacific Coliseum has been cancelled.
RÜFÜS DU SOL at the PNE Amphitheatre has been cancelledDue to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, the RÜFÜS DU SOL concert scheduled for August 6th, 2020 at PNE Amphitheatre has been cancelled.